If not Flash then Photoshop/After Effects?

3d Design and graphics

If not Flash then Photoshop/After Effects?

Postby LozzaEcoWarrior on 02/5/2015, 9:03 am

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on an intense colourised version a music video for a band.

Example is here in the link below (the first 16 seconds):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhMsw3WxtY

I was first intending to use Flash for the Colour-Form-Animation, but for some curious reason
Flash suddenly doesnt seem to work any more on my system.
Thats why i wanted to ask if there are any sort of alternative ways to create similar animation through AfterEffects and Photoshop?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Laurence
LozzaEcoWarrior

Re: If not Flash then Photoshop/After Effects?

Postby JPT7505 on 02/5/2015, 10:52 am

I would simply design the graphics with PS or AI and then animate them within AE. There's a lot there but it looks like some basic wipes, stroke animations etc. I would download the video from YouTube and play frame by frame to get an idea of how they reveal.

Good Luck
JPT7505

Re: If not Flash then Photoshop/After Effects?

Postby ivanparas on 03/13/2015, 4:46 pm

LozzaEcoWarrior wrote:Hi Guys,
Thats why i wanted to ask if there are any sort of alternative ways to create similar animation through AfterEffects and Photoshop?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Laurence

Option A: Photoshop (more work)
You can import the video into Photoshop and view and work on the image one frame at a time, letting you draw on whatever you want. You can then export each frame and import them into After Effects or Premiere for the final output (you don't want to output straight from Photoshop).

Option B: After Effects (less work)
After Effects has a Paint tool which will let you paint right on the video frame by frame. You can then export the video out of After Effects.

Keep in mind, with either of these options, it's going to be a lot of work, because frame-by-frame animation is a bit tedious.
ivanparas

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator