How do I do this? Inked texture

3d Design and graphics

How do I do this? Inked texture

Postby ShashankHolla on 01/4/2015, 6:54 am

Hi,
img_5666.jpg

I am posting this in Photoshop and Illustrator section of VC forums because I thought this was the closed related topic for this issue
I found this image and I pretty sure that this was made using a mobile app or a desktop app which has a preset or something. I have tried posting this in some forums before and haven't got any satisfactory answers YET.
So I hope that you dudes at VC Forums can come out a way to recreate this image and give me a guide as to HOW I can do this, or what Android/iOS/Windows Phone app or desktop application can help me achieve this. I am posting in this section because it is related to image editing/graphics/typography.
ShashankHolla

Re: How do I do this? Inked texture

Postby atiqcpi on 01/28/2015, 3:58 am

I think you can see some tutorials on vintage creation. Actually I didn't see any specific way for making it. But you can copy them in your design. I mean, you see some of them are too light and some of them are dark. Actually after getting a type font then you can make it with your creativity.

Best of luck.
atiqcpi

Postby JPT7505 on 01/28/2015, 3:48 pm

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=113

I would use the font, then create a matte with block type noise with fractal noise and use that to determine the opacity of the letters as a whole.

Check out the attached file as a draft.
Attachments
Test Fractal Noise.zip
(175.85 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
JPT7505

Postby ShashankHolla on 01/30/2015, 5:54 pm

atiqcpi wrote:I think you can see some tutorials on vintage creation. Actually I didn't see any specific way for making it. But you can copy them in your design. I mean, you see some of them are too light and some of them are dark. Actually after getting a type font then you can make it with your creativity.

Best of luck.

Hmm, makes sense!
Thanks!
ShashankHolla

Postby ShashankHolla on 01/30/2015, 5:55 pm

JPT7505 wrote:http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=113

I would use the font, then create a matte with block type noise with fractal noise and use that to determine the opacity of the letters as a whole.

Check out the attached file as a draft.

Thanks for the font! That will help, yes.
But how do I make the tiny darke spots in some characters? Do I do it manually?
ShashankHolla

Postby srialto on 09/3/2015, 4:48 am

Why not just by a $12 vintage typewriter from Salvation Army and ink up the ribbon? Its can be a timewasting trap to try to imitate analog effects that can be achieved somewhat easily in other ways. I know because I have spent plenty of time doing things like this myself :)
srialto

System Specs: 12 core 2.4 GHz Windows 7 box
32 GB ram
Nvida 750TI

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator