Editing Raw in Photoshop

3d Design and graphics

Editing Raw in Photoshop

Postby IggyVanZen on 01/8/2014, 10:25 pm

Hey Guys. Often edit RAW images in Camera Raw. I was wondering if I were to open up raw images inside photoshop (instead or after Camera Raw), do I lose any of the editing potential? Or in other words, is the image compressed in anyway? I ask because I'm a bit worried that editing in Photoshop won't give me as much room to move. That being said, I don't see why it would restrict me. Its just a thought.
IggyVanZen

Re: Editing Raw in Photoshop

Postby anel_77 on 05/23/2014, 8:57 am

Im kinda confused with the question. Are you worried about just losing quality after you open the raw and save it as another format or are you worried about opening raw in photoshop in general? I edit all my raw images in photoshop and i have never had any loss in quality what so ever and i think it is one of the best ways to edit raw images. Soon as you insert the image it will being up a window where you can colour balance your image, then if you want to take it further you can open it and edit it fully. And in photoshop you have all the room you need to move around your image. Totally recommend using photoshop
anel_77

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator