3D Town Seal

3d Design and graphics

3D Town Seal

Postby timahh on 05/3/2013, 12:38 am

I have been looking for a while on how to create a 3D seal from a photo of our townships seal. I found several tutorials about creating a coin and used that as the base but it does not work.
I have tried in AE CS 4 with no luck. I then went into Photoshop CS 4 Extended and have been trying to create it that way and the results are the same as with AE.
Every time I do this, the seal when turned shows the seal in reverse, even though I placed the photo correctly, it keeps reverting. (Two photos showing the front of the seal, on each end of the cylinder)
I have tried to add a layer between the two photos, did not work. I followed the '3D coin' tutorial and it should work because it worked for them and I am doing the same thing, except the photo is not of a coin but a town seal.
Thanks
timahh
timahh

Re: 3D Town Seal

Postby RickAllenMedia on 05/10/2013, 6:44 am

hi
Last edited by RickAllenMedia on 05/22/2013, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickAllenMedia

Re: 3D Town Seal

Postby timahh on 05/11/2013, 12:51 am

I figured it out. I was taking the wrong element and dropping it into the comp. Once I figured it out, it worked very, very well.
I thank you for your reply and I will check out Element 3D. I tried using Blender but never got the hang of it, but then I work with little to no 3D. Just thought it would be the easiest way to go from PS to AE. It is, if you know which file to grab when you import into AE.
I am currently thinking of upgrading to CS 6 to take full advantage of the laptop 16 gigs of ram. Maybe in the current version it might be easier. But I do not see any use of 3D for me in the future. I would like to, but I just don't see it right now.
Again, thanks for the post.
Have a great day.
timahh

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator