Sporadic movement expression

Scripting for After Effects

Sporadic movement expression

Postby jimbo262 on 11/9/2016, 11:10 am

Hi lovely people!

I have an issue whereby I'd like to create a random set of lines on various planes using Particular with light emitters. That would be simple, except I'd like them to sporadically change to a slightly different path. The effect would be similar to a circuit board line, where each line would go straight, move off in a close to 45 degree motion, and continue straight, ad infinitum. The result being that a set of these lights, each with random movement following the same rules, would build up something resembling (more or less) a simple circuit board.
Wiggle obviously won't do this as it is too random and provides no straight line sections, and animating by hand will be very time consuming.

As ever, your help is hugely appreciated.

Jim
jimbo262

System Specs: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Re: Sporadic movement expression

Postby Mylenium on 11/11/2016, 8:46 am

Perfectly possible, but lots of code, so you shouldn't expect anyone to work it out for you unless they really have too much time on their hand. Sounds like you really should plead to Andrew to release his circuitry plug-in to the public. Otherwise perhaps you should read up on how to use copy&paste of masks to motion paths and Illustrator paths and back and set it up accordingly by actually drawing your paths.

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
----------------------------------------
www.myleniumblog.com
Mylenium

System Specs: Have, I do!

Return to After Effects Expressions