Question:linking layers with different values/slider control

Scripting for After Effects

Question:linking layers with different values/slider control

Postby Magma on 04/8/2015, 6:05 am

I tried searching for tutorials for this but I´m not sure what to search for.

What I´m trying to do is linking two layers with different scale, position values, while the child layer keeps its original values.
I belive i have to create a slider control but I´m not sure about how slider control works

Here is an image of the layers/values incase I´m wrong about using slider control

So if i change the scale of "Klipp 3" i want the "alpha.ai" to change to the same size
Magma

Re: Question:linking layers with different values/slider control

Postby plae57 on 04/8/2015, 6:27 am

Based on your descriptions of the problem, try ALT (or option) clicking the scale of Klipp, and pic-whip that to the scale of Alpha and see if that gives you the functionality you are looking for.
plae57

Re: Question:linking layers with different values/slider control

Postby Magma on 04/8/2015, 6:33 am

plae57 wrote:Based on your descriptions of the problem, try ALT (or option) clicking the scale of Klipp, and pic-whip that to the scale of Alpha and see if that gives you the functionality you are looking for.

I tried doing that, but because the scale value of alpha is non uniform the scale of Klipp and alpha was off

however i tried searching some more for a tutorial about this and found a tutorial that described what i was doing wrong in the first sentence after the tutorial description. (literally the first sentence)

posting a link in case anyone else wonders about this

http://www.lynda.com/After-Effects-tutorials/Dealing-non-uniform-scale-issues/79652/116891-4.html

Thank you for your help! :)

This topic should probably be moved out of the expression section and in to after effects general. (if any administrators feels like moving it)
Magma

Return to After Effects Expressions