Saber plugin causes loss of transparency for inner compositi

Compositing and Motion Graphics

Saber plugin causes loss of transparency for inner compositi

Postby CopilotFan7 on 08/23/2017, 8:25 am

Hello,

When I add a solid layer to my inner composition (B) (consisting of keyed footage) and apply the Saber plugin to the solid (with Screen blending), the composition (B) loses its transparency in the composition it lives in (A). That is, instead of seeing my foreground object with the saber plugin applied to it (B) over the background in the rest of the enclosing composition (A), I see only the foreground object with the saber plugin applied to it (B) in the enclosing composition (A), and don't see the background (the other layers of A) that I am able to see when the saber plugin is not applied to the inner composition (B).

I need to get the saber plugin working without losing the alpha/transparency of the composition it is applied in. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
CopilotFan7

Re: Saber plugin causes loss of transparency for inner compositi

Postby Duncan on 08/23/2017, 1:25 pm

Two possible solutions:

• The first being, enable Collapse Transformations on your Comp B layer. That will preserve any blending modes you have. This would most likely be the best solution.

• The other option would be, in the Render Settings for Saber, change the Composite Settings from On Black to Transparent.
Duncan

Re: Saber plugin causes loss of transparency for inner compositi

Postby CopilotFan7 on 08/24/2017, 6:22 am

Thank you, Duncan, I will try that out!
CopilotFan7

Return to After Effects