Template for showing product videos in our shop

Compositing and Motion Graphics

Template for showing product videos in our shop

Postby mdj1 on 07/25/2017, 9:09 am

Hi All.

I run a firework shop and want to show off our products on our several samsung screens around the shop.

I don't want to just run the videos as that would be a bit boring.

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a template of sorts that shows the product name, with a picture of the product and some information about the product and then in a box plays the video for that product (with audio). This whole file, a new video can then be played through a schedule on the monitor

With the template in premier / ae we can then change the texts, import videos and pics etc for each of our products.

I'm not after a freebie and would be willing to pay someone for their work, but just wanted to find out if this is something that you guys could do or even if it's possible!?

Thanks

Mark
mdj1

System Specs: I7, 12gb ram

Re: Template for showing product videos in our shop

Postby mdj1 on 09/7/2017, 2:51 pm

Can it not be done?
mdj1

Postby Gerry Clark on 09/8/2017, 12:57 am

You should consider looking at digital signage solutions. I don't think AE/Premiere is your best bet here.
Gerry Clark

Postby mdj1 on 09/8/2017, 1:10 am

Yes. We purchased 3 samsung screens after being told they would run the software then when we got them find out that the DONT!

Totally ripped off
mdj1

Postby Westbam on 09/8/2017, 8:20 am

If you have many products, and limited skills, I would suggest you hook them up to a PC running something as simple/stupid as Powerpoint.

Or ask some web developer to make a cool animated slideshow for you. This can be interactive too, that is nice.

The software on your screen is probably some proprietary Samsung android thingy, which can only run an easy slideshow from the pictures (video?) of a USB stick.

Otherwise you will be making and rendering many many comps for every single product you have. Regardless, I am pretty sure you are at the wrong place here, so good good luck sir.
Westbam

Postby mdj1 on 09/8/2017, 2:38 pm

Thanks Westbam,

You are right, they just play stuff from USB, but we were told that they ran the magicinfo software, server etc. even the techs at samsung were baffled!

I'll be selling them on I think!
mdj1

Return to After Effects