Inserting a camera into a cube in element 3d

Compositing and Motion Graphics

Inserting a camera into a cube in element 3d

Postby eclipse_SL on 05/8/2018, 1:33 am

Hi! I would like to know if it is possible to put a camera into a cube (doing this in element 3d or another aplication). I would like to get a camera into the cube and put an image and that I can move the camera and see the images in the cube´s faces.

Thanks in advance!
eclipse_SL

Re: Inserting a camera into a cube in element 3d

Postby star+circle on 05/8/2018, 3:33 am

Yes, you can, but in most cases you will need to flip normals on the cube model so that you can see the inside faces.
star+circle

Postby eclipse_SL on 05/8/2018, 4:15 am

star+circle wrote:Yes, you can, but in most cases you will need to flip normals on the cube model so that you can see the inside faces.

Thanks! How I can do "flip normals on the cube model".

Thanks!
eclipse_SL

Postby eclipse_SL on 05/8/2018, 4:28 am

star+circle wrote:Yes, you can, but in most cases you will need to flip normals on the cube model so that you can see the inside faces.

And in the case I don´t need flip the cube model... how I can get the camara into the cube??

Thanks
eclipse_SL

Postby star+circle on 05/10/2018, 5:47 am

That seems like a pretty basic question. Have you used a camera in After Effects before? Create a camera and you can move it anywhere. All 3D layers will respond to it. All 2D layers will stay in place.
star+circle

Postby eclipse_SL on 05/10/2018, 10:00 am

Hi again! I don´t use cameras in after effects before, but I have created a camera and I haven´t be able to put into the cube.... I dont´know how to do that, I have move it, but I don´t know how to put it into this cube and how I can see the faces of the cube inside them...

If you can tell me some more specific I will apreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your time

Cheers.

Sorry my basics questions
eclipse_SL

Postby eclipse_SL on 05/11/2018, 12:12 pm

Thanks for this help. The things about the camera that this tutorial explain I know, but I don´t know how to put into the cube. Sorry, doesn´t matter, but I move the camera to the cube and I can´t get the result that my camera is in the middle of the cube (into it) and I can see the faces from there....

Anyway

A lot of thanks!

Cheers
eclipse_SL

Postby star+circle on 05/12/2018, 6:35 am

star+circle wrote:you will need to flip normals on the cube model so that you can see the inside faces.
star+circle

Postby eclipse_SL on 05/12/2018, 9:24 am

star+circle wrote:
star+circle wrote:you will need to flip normals on the cube model so that you can see the inside faces.

Yes... I reas this but I don't know if I Am rigth but this is not the same that put my camera into the cube, isn't it?

I explain you what I would like to do.... I would like te make a cube and put six cameras into ir, one by face... I would like too (after) to put it into a programa to get a VR video.... Something ver y difficult to me but I hope that asking I could do it.

Thanks
eclipse_SL

Postby star+circle on 05/13/2018, 10:37 am

I would like to help, but I am afraid that the language barrier prevents it. I suggest that you find a tutorial in your native language that will help you in this matter. What you are describing could be done with the SkyBox effect that is built in to the latest versions of After Effects, but it is a very complex matter in comparison to the basic questions you are asking that have been answered several times but not yet understood. So that would be my suggestion: Google "SkyBox VR tutorial" in your native language.
star+circle

Return to After Effects