Video resize problem in After Effects.

Compositing and Motion Graphics

Video resize problem in After Effects.

Postby vipati on 02/6/2013, 5:45 am

Hello All,

I have a problem with video size when replacing it.

For example, I have created a cube with six solids of 3in x 3in x 3in. Now I need to replace different videos with that solids frequently. See below image :

When I replace video or photo by ALT + Drag it becomes differnt size. Even I import and replace a photo of 3in x 3in, it becomes differnt size. See below image :

In short, I want to create some animations and effects and then need to replace phots and videos frequently. So which is the fast and easy way for this???

At this time I have to resize it manually and it takes so much time.

I am sure that there must be some easy way. Please help me.

Sorry for my poor English. I hope you can understand what I want to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Vipati
vipati

Re: Video resize problem in After Effects.

Postby Thallis on 02/6/2013, 6:33 am

You will need to PreCompose your solids. then line them up in the 3D box, now you can throw what ever video into your PreComp and it should apear correclty in the Main Comp. If you want different video layers on each side of the box, you need to make 6 precomps, each for each side of the box.
Thallis

Postby Thallis on 02/6/2013, 6:35 am

and also make sure to fill the intire precomp, if you video is smaller than your precomp it will look like your image above. The PreComp obviously need to be 1:1 ratio
Thallis

Postby vipati on 02/6/2013, 10:26 am

by Thallis on 02/6/2013, 6:35 am

and also make sure to fill the intire precomp, if you video is smaller than your precomp it will look like your image above. The PreComp obviously need to be 1:1 ratio

Hello Thallis,

Thank you for your reply...I will try your suggestion.

[b]Today evening I was searching for other options and I came to know about proxy. I set a video as proxy for that solids and I got perfect result but when I tried to render that video AE was rendering that solids only. In work space it was showing that video which I set as proxy, but it was rendering solids only. Why??? Am I doing wrong something??? Can I achieve the desired result by using proxy?? It will be more easy for me??? Please help.[/b]

Thank again.
vipati

Postby Thallis on 02/6/2013, 10:55 am

A proxy is a low-res substitude footage when working with big sized files and you want to speed up the preview renders. You then want to switch from the proxy to the orginal max-res file when you are ready for the final render.

Why the proxy gives you another reslut i must be honest to say , i don't know. But you can read more here
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffect ... 687DB5ACCa
Thallis

Postby klaus brandenburg on 02/6/2013, 1:00 pm

you have to enable "use proxies" in render setting. and please stop posting RED
too many clowns - not enough circuses
klaus brandenburg

Postby vipati on 02/7/2013, 5:57 am

you have to enable "use proxies" in render setting. and please stop posting RED
klaus brandenburg wrote:you have to enable "use proxies" in render setting. and please stop posting RED

Hello Klaus brandenburg,

Thank you very much...This is the result what I want.

Well, I didn't know that I should not post in RED....I am sorry if I have broken any rule of this GREAT forum. I will take care in future.

Thanks again to Klaus Brandenburg and Thallis.
vipati

Return to After Effects