How do I create evolving/warping color background?

A place for beginners to start

How do I create evolving/warping color background?

Postby varxtis on 01/10/2017, 12:49 pm

I started playing Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag, and I became intoxicated with the start scene (Click here to see sample. The part that has the Assassin's logo in white and the "press A" option on screen). I can tell there's about 2 Trapcode Form layers/effects, and at least 3 Particular layers/effects. But it's the background, and even the color of the layers that Im really curious about. I think the true background (the deep sea green) is not actually changing, but is being overlayed by particles. But I'd still like to know as Ive seen it in many other videos... none of which I can pull to mind. Ive tried ramps, warps, displacements, shapes... nothing comes close.
The other thing that IS an effect that Im at a loss for is what looks like subtle sun/light rays gleaming in that scene on the right.
varxtis

Re: How do I create evolving/warping color background?

Postby [signuversum] on 01/20/2017, 5:48 am

Optical flares, probably?

As for the waves of green -
- just a simple preset from vanilla Particular 2.x, I believe.
--
[signuversum]

System Specs: i7 | GTX 1080 | 32Mb RAM | WIN10

Re: How do I create evolving/warping color background?

Postby varxtis on 01/25/2017, 11:09 am

Thanks. I appreciate it.
What I ended up doing was Using a box emitter, scaling it up to the dimensions of the comp > Particles per sec at min > Scaled up particle size and randomized per particle and over time > animated color > and blurred the crap out of it. To give it an undersea feel I just added volumetric lighting. I'll post the results once I get it just right and feel confident with it. But I haven't been able to play around with it since you posted because Ive been sick. So Thats why it took me a while to respond.
varxtis

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)