Any timing and easy ease guides?

A place for beginners to start

Any timing and easy ease guides?

Postby trollsong on 08/11/2016, 8:40 pm

I am getting the hang of various effects and things like that however my main problem seems to be figuring out proper timing and how to handle easy ease, every tutorial I see that has me using ease they will hit F9 go to the graph and have this gentle bell curve, I do it and get wild graph charts that look like a drunken stock market.
Does anyone know of any guides on proper timing and easy ease? I know timing will probably be more of an experience thing
System Specs: Well for the laptop I am on now it is an intel core i7 4500 1.8 ghz 2.40 ghz 8 gb of ram 64 bit os with a nvidia geforce gt 745m.

Re: Any timing and easy ease guides?

Postby plae57 on 08/12/2016, 4:28 am

The graph editor in after effects sucks. There are several tutorials on google, but I think you mostly have to just learn and do. My suggestion is to make a shape layer and animate it from one side of the screen to the other and back again just on the x axis so you only have one graph to deal with. Then easy ease the keys, open the graph, editor and start moving things around and watch how what you did effects the shape layer. It won't take too long to catch on to what is happening.

Good luck

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)