3D Layer and Vector Objects

A place for beginners to start

3D Layer and Vector Objects

Postby stuntbirdbird on 05/10/2016, 1:45 am

Hi!
I hope some one can tell me what to do - i've got some understanding-problem with 3D-Layers in combination with the "sun-symbol" to make vector-objects sharp. :=~

I've got an Main-Comp. In this Main-Comp i have got an extra Comp for every single Szene. At this Precomps i activated the sun-symbol to make my objects sharp. In this Szene-Precomps i work with 3D Layers and with a Camera. But in the Main comp the camera-animation is not shown. If i turn the sun-symbol off, the camera-animation is shown like it is in the precomp.

Can anybody tell me how to build my projects in a smart way to not getting in trouble like this in the future? ...Some general items i have to consider.

Thank you so much!
stuntbirdbird

System Specs: Windows 7, 16 GB Ram, 3.60 GHz

Re: 3D Layer and Vector Objects

Postby Duncan on 05/10/2016, 10:41 am

The sun symbol ("continuous rasterization", also referred to as "collapse transformations") serves two purposes. One is to continuously rasterize vector objects to make them sharp. The other is to retain information (3D information) from pre-comps.

Basically, by selecting collapse transformations in your main comp, you are telling After Effects to look at the 3D information from the Pre-Comps instead of your main comp.

To fix this, all you really need to do is change the layers in your pre-comps into 3D layers and move them into their desired positions.
Duncan

Re: 3D Layer and Vector Objects

Postby stuntbirdbird on 05/14/2016, 12:10 am

Thank you a lot! It's a pitty, that theses two things aren't seprated. But now i know how to handle it. Thank you!
stuntbirdbird

System Specs: Windows 7, 16 GB Ram, 3.60 GHz

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)