Solar atmosphere tutorial

A place for beginners to start

Solar atmosphere tutorial

Postby Adushi on 12/1/2015, 3:52 am

Hi guys,

First of all let me get it out of the way right here. Im a beginner and really like after effects so much that i am eager to learn everything, and i mean everything.
Can across this awesome tutorial on YouTube and thought to myself lets try to make something like that.
I did all of the steps and it came out awesome to say the least.

Only i do not want the same outcome as the tutorial ... there is no personal touch there ... so i am looking to make it a little different with a blue very very nice blue color to the sun. Yes there are blue sun's they are called blue giants. :)

The color in the tutorial is orange/yellow like the right color of the sun as it should be, but i am looking to change that to the color blue.
How can i go about in doing that?

Thank you for any help here! :)
Adushi

System Specs: i7 4770k computer

Re: Solar atmosphere tutorial

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 12/1/2015, 3:32 pm

What tutorial did you follow?
What effects were used? I'm sure, somewhere along the way, it had you pick orange colors. Simply pick blue ones instead.
If you're new to AE, you shouldn't be starting with a solar atmosphere though. That's like asking a one-year-old human to run a marathon...
You should learn to crawl before you try running. This resource is pretty good considering it's free! http://adobe.ly/AE_basics
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Postby Guitarboy2828 on 12/1/2015, 11:27 pm

Otherwise, drop a hue/saturation effect on the orange layer and turn the dial till it goes blue.
Guitarboy2828

Postby Adushi on 12/2/2015, 6:57 am

Thank you so much, hue saturation help out a lot and i got my design.
:)
Adushi

System Specs: i7 4770k computer

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)