Stacking Paper

A place for beginners to start

Stacking Paper

Postby blueon on 08/18/2015, 8:18 am

Hi there,

I am looking for any ideas on how you create an animation where a sheet of paper is stacked one on another, so in the end it is a huge stack of paper sheets. So basically that is somehow looks like this, just animated:

Of course I could add a lot of images on top of each other, probably with quite a lot of efforts. I was just wondering whether you guys know any smarter, less time-consuming approach.

Thanks in advance
Christian
blueon

Twitter: cbreiholz
System Specs: Intel i5 with 8 GB RAM

Re: Stacking Paper

Postby plae57 on 08/18/2015, 11:47 am

Other than after effects what software/plugins do you own? It could be accomplished with element 3d. I created a flattened cube, then made 595 copies, and adjusted the y scatter. Doesn't really animate the way you want, but it is a place to start. (Assuming you have element 3d. If not, disregard this entire post...)
Attachments
deleteme.PNG
plae57

Re: Stacking Paper

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 08/18/2015, 1:34 pm

You could animate that with Element's animation engine quite easily. Just make the second group be a lot further up and the pages much more spread out in y. It wouldn't QUITE be the same thing, but it might be close.

Alternatively, just do a particle animation with Particular or CC Particle World of papers falling down, have that layer cut off at the top of the paper stack (an animated linear wipe), and have the particle count in Element animated up.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)