Where are the tutorials project files

A place for beginners to start

Where are the tutorials project files

Postby Elisha Dvir on 02/11/2013, 11:11 pm

I am trying to follow the basic tutorials.
I was doing fine until the 4th lesson (04. Keying & Transparency). I could not find the project files which are needed to follow this lesson (and for the next ones).
Where can I find it?
Elisha Dvir

Re: Where are the tutorials project files

Postby gregalan on 02/12/2013, 3:41 pm

Hi Elisha, welcome. The footage can be downloaded with the blue and white arrow link on the left side of this page:
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/
gregalan

Postby Elisha Dvir on 02/12/2013, 9:44 pm

Gregalan
I found there only the projects files for the first 3 lessons. Where are the rest?
Elisha Dvir

Postby gregalan on 02/13/2013, 3:59 pm

Hi Elisha,
I just checked and downloaded the footage that's used by selecting the "Download Footage" button (they're not project files, just footage). You should end up with 5 quicktime (.mov) files and a JPG. Not sure what problem you are having if they are not downloading?
gregalan

Postby Elisha Dvir on 02/14/2013, 1:11 pm

Thank you gregalan
When I first downloaded the files, there were only 3 movies and one picture. Now there are indeed 5 MOV files and 1 jpeg.
I suspect that someone have added it lately. But, of course, I am happy about it.
Now I managed to finish Tutorial No. 6.
But on the 7th lesson there should be a footage name 'mall video' which is still missing.
Can you add it for me (and all the rest of us - beginners)?

BTW, I think those tutorials are really great (although I am using version 6 of this program and I have to make some adoptions).
Elisha Dvir

Postby gregalan on 02/14/2013, 4:11 pm

Hi. The "Mall" video is called "Girl" in the downloads (don't know why????). Yes, they are very good tutorials for the very basics but were made years ago so a lot has changed since then. Might I suggest the next step for you could be to go through the Andrew Devis basics tutorials on Creative Cow - they are extremely good and, as you are no doubt finding, After Effects can be a very complex and confusing program when you start.
http://library.creativecow.net/tutorial ... ectsbasics
put Andrew Devis in the search box and they will appear (note: Devis not Davis)
gregalan

Postby Elisha Dvir on 02/19/2013, 1:40 pm

Gregalan
Now, where are the assets (files) which are used in Andrew Devis's tutorials?
Elisha Dvir

Postby gregalan on 02/19/2013, 3:47 pm

Hi. I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think there are any (your query at Creative Cow might prove me wrong) but the general idea is normally to use your own images, footage etc. and follow along with the concepts that he is describing. Obviously if you are creating something like shape layers, text etc he will show you how to create them.
gregalan

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)