Video Copilot on Television!!!

Discuss serious business and industry topics

Re: Video Copilot on Australian television!!!

Postby tommie12P on 08/7/2008, 7:38 am

FloVC wrote:Videocopilot is on Austrian and German televison as well. Pro7 uses the riot gear stuff before and after commercials, and Giga uses evolution, riot gear and even designer sound FX. ;)

Yea but Giga used the exact same music for their Pokernight intro as Andrew did in his Evolution promo.

Ah good example for using VCP products is the music video "When I´m gone - Simple Plan". Riot gear is used in it but you´re not able to see it for the first time! (comparator check :D )

Maybe some of the "copycats" are reading this thread and thinking about it!
tommie12P

Re: Video Copilot on Television!!!

Postby Fabian on 08/7/2008, 8:40 am

I've heared they used maya for the effects in some blockbusters! :shock: Why can't they just build their own 3D Packet! Copycats!!!
C'mon guys, the Videocopilot Team sells their products as tools! What's the point of purchasing something if you're not allowed to use it then? I'm happy that I see videocopilot everywhere, because that means Andrew and the Team make more money and this site will get better and better!
Fabian
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Twitter: speedbreaker

Postby Engine on 08/7/2008, 8:44 am

Speedbreaker wrote:I've heared they used maya for the effects in some blockbusters! :shock: Why can't they just build their own 3D Packet! Copycats!!!
C'mon guys, the Videocopilot Team sells their products as tools! What's the point of purchasing something if you're not allowed to use it then? I'm happy that I see videocopilot everywhere, because that means Andrew and the Team make more money and this site will get better and better!

Absolutely! The VC products are things that lot of people were looking for.
Engine

Postby Dan on 08/7/2008, 8:57 am

i think the heart of this thread is not that we are annoyed at the fact that VC products are used. More to the fact that is no alteration to some of the tutorial project files. You may as well have Andrew Kramer doing the voice over, that would seal the deal.

If I was to have a client ask me to do a promo and I just copy/pasted tutorials from file and just changed the words, and my client happened to stumble across VCP, i'm sure I may be in trouble.
AKA Triphazard
If you ever need help with anything having to do with Macs, don't ask me... Hi, i'm Dan, and i'm a PC
Dan
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Postby KylePrice43 on 08/7/2008, 1:50 pm

When you see a flourish element from Andrew Kramer its pretty obvious where it came from but I've been makeing my own seeing as I can't really buy Mr Kramers collcetion and I've been worried people will see them and think imidiatly that im using evoloution.
KylePrice43

Postby Mufti on 08/7/2008, 2:53 pm

I think that the point is: the problem does not come from the use of tutorials and VC products, it's HOW you use it.

A plain use of the Evolution or Riot Gear elements just show a lack of imagination and creativity. BUT, if you find a way to use those things in a brand new context, in a way that has never been used before, then you're a winner. I think that everything that VC is about (and Creative Cow and all those creative community sites) is to try to enhance everyone's creativity. What I do like about Andrew's tutorial is not the effect, but all the little tweaks, all the finishing touches he gives to all his products. This is where he inspires me...

I don't want to praise my skills too much, but if you take a look at my showreel:
http://mufti.free.fr/videos/showreel_nicolas_plaire_2008_h264_web.mp4
and if you're not aware of it, it's impossible to notice that I've used the Riot Gear ink drops in one particular sequence (two actually, but the other one is more obvious).
Mufti

Postby montreal on 08/7/2008, 6:40 pm

in the music video for simple plans When I'm Gone they use something very similar to VCP's Light Streaks
anddd in an adult film E for Eva they use riot gear during the menus
montreal

Postby Polsiola on 08/7/2008, 7:09 pm

I don't mind seeing VCP inspired stuff on TV or elsewhere in the industry but it kinda gets boring when we see exact stuff from the Tutorials. I've seen the evolution product used heavily on a recent DVD for a Solomon Islands Boy Band called Young Faith. The whole DVD is actually based on all the creative curles and stuff. Neat stuff! I have no problems with that.

sighting: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=jqIsijiOFNA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to add that some of the Camera Works used in other stuff i've seen need to be tightened up a bit. Camera works look more mechanical than real. Which kind of puts me off. I don't know about the rest of you.

Also, If the viewers don't know that the stuff displayed on TV or elsewhere came from VCP tutorials, it doesn't matter at all...it's best that they don't know...as long as you can WOW the audience.

And it's all about being creative and inspiring others as well. Being original and cool is what Andrew Kramer is doing so everyone should strive to be simlilarly unique. We all can't be the same...:D
Polsiola

Postby Spike on 08/8/2008, 2:25 pm

I remember a Moonlight promo (before it was cancelled haha) where they use riot gear

here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7q0GA3KUo (skip to the end)

haha i even found the german trailer for it ... they use a LOT riot gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWWt8GvEE0

i think thats awesome, i mean that is what VC is for ... :)
Spike

Postby pfxstudioss on 08/10/2008, 6:42 am

yeah,tutorial ripp off lack creativity and are very lazy
maybe it cos the tutorials are free
wat do u guys think
pfxstudioss

Re: Video Copilot on Brazilian Television!!!

Postby Wellington on 08/10/2008, 1:20 pm

Woah! Video Copilot around the world!

I watched some commercial for cellphone quiz or chat, all this commercials uses frequentelly Riot Gear, or some backgrounds from Video Streams HD Lite modificated as well...
Wellington

Postby Jason86 on 08/11/2008, 5:55 pm

Andrew Kramer wrote:Just to be clear, I don't mind if people use the stuff from this site. Make more money!

Haha :D :D :D
Jason86

Postby FloVC on 08/12/2008, 4:07 am

Jamba handyfun commercials use the earthzoom for the "Spymigo product"... :)
FloVC

Postby Tikster on 08/16/2008, 9:12 am

Andrew Kramer should be recognized and paid for that commercial.
Wanna see a magic trick?
Tikster

Looks like Evolution is on tv

Postby evergale on 08/16/2008, 4:09 pm

Hey all,

Was channel flipping and caught what looks like the same effect as the evolution flourishes pack on Global tonight (canadian broadcaster). You guys sure know what the big leagues like - only caught the last half of the show - but looks like they were using the same effect throughout the studio and the credits.

Cheers

GE

Last edited by evergale on 08/17/2008, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evergale

Postby Matt Dunwoodie on 08/16/2008, 8:46 pm

oh yeah they completely ripped of aharons weather replacement tuorial too
Matt Dunwoodie
Matt Dunwoodie

Postby Polsiola on 08/17/2008, 2:23 pm

I know the earthzoom Andrew did is cool...what i'd like to see is someone else's perspective of an earthzoom...there are endless possibilities of zooming out of our blue & green planet... :D
Polsiola

Postby Rob Mclovin on 08/17/2008, 3:43 pm

I saw a commercial today for Astrive Student loans, and everything in there was Evolution and Riot gear. There wear flourishes and arrows EVERYWHERE! Then i saw and im like wait "Thats andrew Kramers stuff."
Rob Mclovin

Postby Polsiola on 08/17/2008, 10:37 pm

is there any link to see this...i'd like to see...
Polsiola

Postby jeremiahjw on 08/18/2008, 7:00 am

Andrew did not invent the earth zoom...other people have done it before, and there is at least one other tutorial out there on how to do it.

I have never used Andrews project files...I just watch the tutorial and use the techniques he presents.

And of course I come up with effects shots on my own as well.
www.YouTube.com/JeremiahJW
Twitter: @jeremiahjw
Website JeremiahJW.com
jeremiahjw

Postby tommie12P on 08/18/2008, 9:03 am

jeremiahjw wrote:I have never used Andrews project files...I just watch the tutorial and use the techniques he presents.

And of course I come up with effects shots on my own as well.

I do so, too. But if you have not a camera to record your own footage, you can still use Andrews Footage to practice, but please not in projects
tommie12P

Czech TV usin' VCP stuff?!

Postby weighell on 08/18/2008, 3:19 pm

In czech republic there's a TV usin' some evolution flourishes here... If U buy that U can use it in TV or there's somethin' else in it here?
weighell

Re: Czech TV usin' VCP stuff?!

Postby Engine on 08/18/2008, 3:27 pm

This is not the right section. However as written in the products page they are all royalty free elements (what would be the point to buy them if you can't use them? :roll:) and you can use them in any kind of work. This has been already discussed in "The Industry" section.
Engine

Postby weighell on 08/18/2008, 3:41 pm

I'm sorry... I missed this thread...
weighell

Andrew's Video Steams HD used on Cnet.com

Postby kentuckymakers on 08/22/2008, 10:50 am

If anyone is interested watch today's (8/22/08) the cnet buzz report. At 2:19 look at what we see here! Yep its Andrew's Video Streams HD. Watch for the red 3d cd transition if you are not familiar with the product. I just happened to be watching the buzz today and saw it! :mrgreen:

Here is the link. http://cnettv.cnet.com/9742-1_53-500034 ... ag=bubbl_4
kentuckymakers

PreviousNext

Return to The Industry