Video Copilot on Television!!!

Discuss serious business and industry topics

Re: Video Copilot on Australian television!!!

Postby Habbibz91 on 11/3/2009, 3:24 am

Leigh wrote:
FloVC wrote:Videocopilot is on Austrian and German televison as well. Pro7 uses the riot gear stuff before and after commercials, and Giga uses evolution, riot gear and even designer sound FX. ;)

using the VCP products is fine mate, that is what they're there for. I bought some of them for that very purpose. What we're discussing is the use of tutorial rip-offs as ads - not professional at all.

doesnt it clearly state in the terms and conditions that you cant use VCP for promoting / selling purposes? or was i mistakedn?
How many wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck would?
if you notice this notice youll notice this notice is not worth noticing.

You have just been OWNED!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/611199276.png
Habbibz91

Re: I Smell Videocopilot, Do You?

Postby Habbibz91 on 11/3/2009, 3:25 am

Ben Wotton wrote:The week following the rain drops tutorial, Channel 9 in Australia (one of the main ones) started using rain drops on their promos!! :lol:

I knew it! i knew i saw those rain drops somewere before.

Kudos to VCP for being so popular!
How many wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck would?
if you notice this notice youll notice this notice is not worth noticing.

You have just been OWNED!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/611199276.png
Habbibz91

Re: Video Copilot on Television!!!

Postby Wcl Nc on 11/13/2009, 8:12 pm

http://www.hulu.com/watch/108760/the-ja ... ov-12-2009

go to 18:04

EXACT copy from the ancient text tutorial, except the font.
Wcl Nc

Re: Video Copilot on Television!!!

Postby EyerisProductions on 11/22/2009, 10:59 pm

After being exposed to Video Copilot, in attempts to learn how to use AE, I've noticed: Andrew's tutorials and Video Copilot's products influence a mutlitude of proffesionals and beginers alike.

That simply means Mr. Kramer is well circulated, and his work is well respected enough to be duplicated. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery; however, if I'm not mistaken Andrew states contstantly that he provides his tutorials to aid motion graphic artists to take what techniques they have learned from Video Copilot to enhance their work, and to experiment like a chemist to see if he or she can re-invent what was learned not to simply regurgitate everything Andrew has taught.

I concur that one should not duplicate his tutorials for professional use, not to say that one can't use a tutorial of Andrew's as a strong base for an effect, but rather manipulate it in some way to own what work he or she has executed.
Aaron Poisson, Art Director & Chief Executive Officer
EYERIS PRODUCTIONS
apoisson@eyerisproductions.com
EyerisProductions

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/EyerisProd

CopyingVC tutorials almost 1:1-sport TV in Slovenia

Postby copycats on 11/25/2009, 2:23 pm

Hello!
I just noticed local Slovenian sport tv "equipped" with whole package of graphic content from this webpage. I know AK has nothing against copying and using his tutorials, presets and project templates for your work. But I can not understand what kind of "artist" or studio just copy the whole tutorial project, change content of the text layers, render it out and sell it to the client? I mean it is not exactly original work.

Is it OK, to sell something "original" to the client who did not hear for Videocopilot.net...yet? I know that "artists" like to charge big bucks for this copies, but I also feel sorry for them.

What do you think about this kind of professionals?

Re
Tom

PS.
I know you guys from sport TV read this formus, so I would also like to hear your opinion on this topic.
copycats

Previous

Return to The Industry