[Looking for] VFX Artist for exciting Short Film

Discuss serious business and industry topics

[Looking for] VFX Artist for exciting Short Film

Postby 321productions on 11/8/2012, 4:58 am

Hi Everyone

We recently finished our shoot for the emotional sci-fi short film "The Boy with a Heart of Steel"

In this VFX heavy film we want to show the world that low/no budget films can be successful with the right team and with a lots of will power.

We have now moved into Post-Production and we are looking for several VFX artists to join our team.
We are looking for people interested in several of the post-production area's from compositing, 3d, matchmoving, ...

Whether you have lots of experience or are just starting out we would love to hear from you!

This is an unpaid position.
We are aware that this highly skilled position is unpaid, but we feel that this offers a great opportunity for great footage for your show reel and also the opportunity to work on future VFX projects one of which is a motion capture project in Pinewood film studio's

You will also receive full credit

Please let us have a look at your showreel and CV.
Attachments
tbwahos2.jpg
tbwahos1.jpg
tbwahos.jpg
321productions

Re: [Looking for] VFX Artist for exciting Short Film

Postby 321productions on 11/9/2012, 12:57 am

You can direct message us with your details
321productions

Postby 321productions on 11/14/2012, 4:00 am

Any takers yet? It would be a great experience and it doesn't matter where you are based in the world.

:-)
321productions

Postby ccrest on 11/20/2012, 1:16 am

I'm sure I could do your effects, but I can't do it for free.

Credit doesn't mean anything really to most of us.
We see ads all day offering "IMBD credit" and "would look great on your reel" etc.

The problem with it is that no budget films have a very high chance of never being seen on a global scale because there's no effective, paid marketing plan. It's not in the budget. Therefore the film isn't promoted. This makes the "Credit" almost worthless.

We end up doing $50-$100 per hour work for several hours and get negative return on investment.
So if you're paying, I'll help. CrestVFX.com
ccrest

Postby madimaverick on 08/17/2013, 6:34 am

well i am quite late on this post as i have recently joined the forum.

your project seems interesting and i am keen in doing such projects but in my free time apart form my office schedule.
if you have any projects currently for me we can discuss. :)
you can check my experience on my imdb profile.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4181720/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
madimaverick

Postby MichaelKnight1 on 09/5/2013, 2:05 pm

My head really **** up from the unpaid work , all peoples says imdb credits , i cancelled 3 projects this time about that type of blushit . Anyways good luck with your movie but remeber no one will work for free anyways xD .
If you want i can work for your short movie i can do all stuffs , paying hourly $30 - $80.
If you accepte just pm me at : michaell_kr@hotmail.com
MichaelKnight1

Return to The Industry