Die Flash, die!

Help with Video Copilot website and discussion

Die Flash, die!

Postby shootingpandas on 07/16/2015, 12:40 pm

Hi Andrew & Crew,

your site is great, your tutorials are great and even your plugins are sweet. The only thing that keeps me annoyed is that only the newer tutorials are HTML5. For example the Sure Target tutorial is flash only, as are your first 110 tutorials and the basic trainings. I highly recommend them to my students... but these first 100 something tutorials are all blacked-missing-plugin-out for me.

Maybe it's time to re-encode? ;) I for one would deeply appreciate it.

I'm still waiting for flash to finally be buried. It's been dying for a long time already. And even wired called for it's decent into the abyss of internet garbage today again. I think it's time to move on!

Thanks a ton for hopefully considering - or doing it! ;)

Patrick
shootingpandas

Re: Die Flash, die!

Postby Farmfield on 07/16/2015, 2:51 pm

As much as I agree it would be great if VCP updated the encoding for the tutorials, I never got the hatred against Flash, I loved it since it was released, and if HTML allowed for vector graphics, animations, Flash would never have become a thing in the first place. Now with HTML5 supporting this, sure, I'm in no way against making this shift, but if you wanted to use vector graphics and do animations on the web, Flash has been the best ( = only good-) solution for almost 20 years and whining about it just because advertisers have been misusing it, and lets keep it real, that is THE reason people whine about Flash, is just blaming the wrong part. :roll:
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Postby plae57 on 07/16/2015, 5:43 pm

The problem is that Flash id DEEPLY embedded in on line training, and it will be several more years before that is replaced.
plae57

Postby Patrick Otten on 07/21/2015, 4:02 pm

All of the tutorials at http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/ are now html5 encoded as mp4s. Working on the rest of the site as well :)
Patrick Otten
VC Code Monkey
VC Code Monkey

Twitter: patrickotten

Postby Farmfield on 07/22/2015, 5:26 am

Patrick Otten wrote:All of the tutorials at http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/ are now html5 encoded as mp4s. Working on the rest of the site as well :)

Damn, man, your'e fast. Awesome work and I think I speak for all saying we appreciate the effort. :)
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to VC Website Support