Canon 5D Mark iii or Sony A7s

HD Video Cameras, microphones, greenscreens etc.

Canon 5D Mark iii or Sony A7s

Postby nagasetomoya on 09/7/2015, 10:12 am

Hey guys, so i won first place in my country's short film competition . I got like 10k for the prize. All thanks to my lovely Canon T3i . So i decided to you know step to another level and i need a new camera (plus gear n stuff) . Ive been watching reviews of best n worth buying DSLR for filmmaking. So it's 5D Mark iii and Sony A7s and there's GH4. Still confuse which one of these are better for me. Any recommendation from u guys? ive been doing short films on youtube. So i need a good quality and good slow mo(cos most of my vid i'll put slow mo for more feelings) and any other aspects for indie filmmaking. Which one is better? or are there any other suggestions ? sorry for my english . thanx :)
nagasetomoya

Re: Canon 5D Mark iii or Sony A7s

Postby Guitarboy2828 on 09/7/2015, 10:55 am

Well, there is SO much online around these cameras, I'm sure you can find specific answers. Sony a7s is great for nighttime shooting. If you don't really need high ISO, I'd look at the A7rii instead, it's got more bang for your buck. Also depends on if you have lenses for Canon. Sure, you can buy an adapter. Depending on how much you have to spend on a camera/lenses. I'd buy a 70D or something and splash out more on good lenses.

If you really want slowmo, I'd look more seriously at: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... amera.html
Guitarboy2828

Return to Production Gear