Need a hdmi Monitor for my Canon C100

HD Video Cameras, microphones, greenscreens etc.

Need a hdmi Monitor for my Canon C100

Postby anel_77 on 08/11/2014, 1:12 am

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a new HDMI Monitor for my Canon c100 cinema camera. I am not so sure if i need to get one that will output 1080p resolution or do i just get a standard one with 1024×600 resolution?

Now what i do need is a good quality sharp image with outdoor sun and light adjustments and something that is a good descent price. (up to $500)

I found this on but not too sure if it is worth it: http://www.lilliputdirect.com/hdmi/5-7-inch-hdmi/lilliput-779gl-capacitive-touchscreen-hdmi-monitor

Thanks,
anel_77

Re: Need a hdmi Monitor for my Canon C100

Postby Farmfield on 08/11/2014, 1:32 am

FilmRiot did a review of the Ninja Blade, monitor + recording device. Perhaps that's something too look at?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSyl2LeSGOA

Product info: http://www.atomos.com/ninja-blade/

But it's $1K, so 2x the max price you spec'ed...

Otherwise, the Lilliput's are the industry standard, so just check reviews/comparisons between the models that fits your needs, size, touch or no touch a.s.o...
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Postby anel_77 on 08/11/2014, 1:56 am

FilmRiot did a review of the Ninja Blade, monitor + recording device. Perhaps that's something too look at?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSyl2LeSGOA

Otherwise, the Lilliput's are the industry standard, so just check reviews/comparisons between the models that fits your needs, size, touch or no touch a.s.o...

That is a very nice piece of equipment that ninja blade! I think i might just have to re-consider my options now. hmmm,

What i like about it is that it lets you adjust everything on the screen. And i am going to be filming in places with not so much great light. So i think this would work nicely.

Just to ask, do you know any other great monitors like the ninja blade?

Thanks a lot for your reply farmfield!
anel_77

Postby anel_77 on 08/11/2014, 2:13 am

I just did a little more research and found the Samurai Blade, is this just a larger screen compared to the ninja blade?

I know the ninja blade has a direct hdmi input, but you can get a converter for the samurai to do the same job. Im just thinking would it be better to get a larger screen? Or maybe its not worth an extra $300 just for screen size?

I think i might just go for the ninja blade!!
anel_77

Postby Farmfield on 08/11/2014, 4:16 am

anel_77 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSyl2LeSGOA

That is a very nice piece of equipment that ninja blade! I think i might just have to re-consider my options now. hmmm,

What i like about it is that it lets you adjust everything on the screen. And i am going to be filming in places with not so much great light. So i think this would work nicely.

Yeah, it gives you a lot more options on the recording side compared to the camera which is focused on the filming side of it... Now, as I'm on the post side of it all, nowadays, I for one really appreciate this kinda hardware. It makes all the difference getting as good a file as possible in terms of compression and such, so though I don't mess with this level of hardware myself, I reap the benefits of it and know what difference it makes in post...

And cool I could make a difference, making you spend 2x the cash you wanted. :D
Farmfield

Postby anel_77 on 08/11/2014, 6:22 am

Farmfield wrote:
anel_77 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSyl2LeSGOA

Yeah, it gives you a lot more options on the recording side compared to the camera which is focused on the filming side of it... Now, as I'm on the post side of it all, nowadays, I for one really appreciate this kinda hardware. It makes all the difference getting as good a file as possible in terms of compression and such, so though I don't mess with this level of hardware myself, I reap the benefits of it and know what difference it makes in post...

And cool I could make a difference, making you spend 2x the cash you wanted. :D

Well tell you what, it is exactly what i am looking for so spending a bit more is not always a bad thing. haha.

p.s have you ever considered a career in sales? hahah
anel_77

Postby Farmfield on 08/11/2014, 8:48 am

anel_77 wrote:
Farmfield wrote:And cool I could make a difference, making you spend 2x the cash you wanted. :D

Well tell you what, it is exactly what i am looking for so spending a bit more is not always a bad thing. haha.

Oh, I've actually been in (computer hardware-) sales for 2-3 years after my oldest kid was born. I never lied, I never sold a customer a product I myself wouldn't use and I was friggin amazing at it and made a sh!tload of cash too, hehe... But even making w a y more money doing it than graphics, I always fall back into this stuff. It's just too fun. :)

But glad I could point you in an unexpected but preferred direction then. :D
Farmfield

Postby Farmfield on 08/11/2014, 8:48 am

anel_77 wrote:
Farmfield wrote:And cool I could make a difference, making you spend 2x the cash you wanted. :D

Oh, I've actually been in (computer hardware-) sales for 2-3 years after my oldest kid was born. I never lied, I never sold a customer a product I myself wouldn't use and I was friggin amazing at it and made a sh!tload of cash too, hehe... But even making w a y more money doing it than graphics, I always fall back into this stuff. It's just too fun. :)

But glad I could point you in an unexpected but preferred direction then. :D
Farmfield

Return to Production Gear