RED EPIC and PREMIERE PRO

Audio production, MS paint, Call of Duty, etc

RED EPIC and PREMIERE PRO

Postby Pjay on 12/21/2012, 2:03 am

Hello everyone,

I might get a chance to edit a short film which was filmed with RED EPIC (r3d files) and my program of choice to edit has always been PREMIERE PRO, but the director wants it to be edited with FINAL CUT PRO. Are the differences between these programs to edit EPIC's footage is so different? Would I get the same result with PREMIERE as with FINAL CUT?

Thank you!
Pjay

Re: RED EPIC and PREMIERE PRO

Postby LordEdington on 12/21/2012, 2:46 am

The result would probably be exactly the same. It's highly unlikely he wants it edited in FCP because there's some feature or ability to do something that there isn't in Premiere. My guess would be that him, or one of his team, has an understanding of FCP and/or own the software, so they want to have the ability to make revisions in the future without having to get in touch with you every time.
LordEdington

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Stencil_Media

Re: RED EPIC and PREMIERE PRO

Postby Pjay on 12/21/2012, 2:54 am

LordEdington wrote:The result would probably be exactly the same. It's highly unlikely he wants it edited in FCP because there's some feature or ability to do something that there isn't in Premiere. My guess would be that him, or one of his team, has an understanding of FCP and/or own the software, so they want to have the ability to make revisions in the future without having to get in touch with you every time.

Well, it might just be the case.. Thank you for your answer:)
Pjay

Return to Other Software & Tools