The Foundry, Camera Tracker vs AE6 3d Camera Tracker

Audio production, MS paint, Call of Duty, etc

The Foundry, Camera Tracker vs AE6 3d Camera Tracker

Postby Jumanous on 08/30/2012, 3:07 am

No idea where to post this... but here will have to do.
I have been using the new AE camera tracker a fair bit now and it is great, however, I just thought I'd mention to anyone who thinks it is the same as (or just as good as) the Camera Tracker sold on the site here... it isn't. If you are trying to solve footage with large irregular pans, or flyovers, or anything like that... the AE6 plugin doesn't cut it. That said, they both have their advantages, but Camera Tracker (the foundry one), is far more useful. In order to get the same results with the AE6 3d Tracker, you have to cut the clip into sections and do the track that way, but it isn't ideal, and is quite a bit slower. For just a basic short camera moves, AE6 one is good though (and a bit more simple to use). Really depends on what you are doing. Anything complex, Foundry tracker is far better.

In short: Camera Tracker is worth every penny (to me at least), even if you have AE6.

ok.. that is all. I had this question, figured others would to. So there's my answer. What is everyone else's experience? :)
Jumanous

Re: The Foundry, Camera Tracker vs AE6 3d Camera Tracker

Postby Icemak on 08/30/2012, 9:46 am

Same understanding.
Free Tracker works great for small things.
Complex needs better tools.
Icemak

Return to Other Software & Tools