Quickly cuting/fading out audio

Audio production, MS paint, Call of Duty, etc

Quickly cuting/fading out audio

Postby VorpDAHACKA on 02/6/2013, 2:29 pm

Hey guys

I am really not into audio editing, but I need to achieve a certain effect that I have no clue how to do.

I have an audio track, and I have a specific moment when I get an "epic-hit" moment, and I want to fade out the audio file right after that.

But not just a simple fade out reducing the volume, but kinda like leaving a very suddle echo behind.

Actually, I think you did not get any of what I said, so Ill give you an example. I wanna achieve the same audio effect as the one @ 2:10-2:11 on this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKoB7XQJwlo

Another example of this effect would be in the Element Reel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe0aADhVjE4 ..... on 0:50 - 0:51 (right before the whooosh sound)

I am using audacity ,but even some tips on a METHOD of how this is done would help out a lot.

Thank you in advance for any help. =)
VorpDAHACKA

Re: Quickly cuting/fading out audio

Postby Thallis on 02/7/2013, 5:40 am

Hi

I am not an audio mixer/editor my self. and there is probably a way to extract a echo from a sound. I actually wanted to do that once but didn't succeed - so let me know if you do ;D

But i would find a drone or something that sound as close as possible to the epic hit sound, then adjust with some audio filters. Layer them on top of each other and and fade the "epic hit" down leaving the drone alone .

If you don't have an SFX library take a look here or here
Thallis

Postby VorpDAHACKA on 02/8/2013, 2:28 am

Well unfortunately I am not in a possession of such a library, and I am pretty sure there has to be a more straight-ahead away to do this. Thank you for the informative reply, but unfortunately this did not really help me.
I'll post in here if I find a proper way to do this though.
:\
VorpDAHACKA

Postby Thallis on 02/8/2013, 3:44 am

VorpDAHACKA wrote: I am pretty sure there has to be a more straight-ahead away to do this. I'll post in here if I find a proper way to do this though.
:\

This is probably the most "straight-ahead" way to do it and i will bet AK did it this way in the promo you mentions.
Since i don't know exact what you are doing , it might not be a proper way of doing it in your case. BUT , i know that then the "proper" way of doing it is not as "straight-ahead" because it requires some know how and skills in a audio editing software. It is pretty basic and common stuff (for video editors) to mix different SFX ( and the ProScores/DesignerSFX is pretty nice collections ) and fade between them to get more living feeling.

Sorry for my counter-post, but just wanna state my point.
Thallis

Postby VorpDAHACKA on 02/8/2013, 5:06 am

NP man =) I am pretty new in the world of audio editing so I can only agree with you.
I just thought it was simpler, cause just like you said .. its pretty common. Well I guess I'll just have to put even more effort to get what I am looking for. Well thank you for the response man. Appreciate it =)
VorpDAHACKA

Postby Thallis on 02/8/2013, 5:26 am

But it is not a big effort. You just need a good SFX library to make good Audio effects. that is simple. :D

Good Luck
Thallis

Postby m1cst4rr on 04/4/2013, 5:19 am

Just put a combination of reverb and delay on the last bit of your audio.
m1cst4rr

Return to Other Software & Tools