Jet Strike - Endless Fast Moving Clouds

Discuss Video Copilot Tutorials & Presets

Jet Strike - Endless Fast Moving Clouds

Postby viperwavstudios on 02/10/2017, 1:36 pm

Hey There;

I was trying to build a scene with Jet Strike where you see a closeup of the Jet - With the sky/clouds behind it whipping behind the plane/fast blur for like 5 - 10 seconds but can't seem to figure out how to have an endless run on effect of the clouds streaking behind the plane as the image* seems to run out of room after a couple seconds.

Like with what you did with the "Jet Contrails" Turotial.. I know some people use Fractal noise to do similar things to make endless roads; but trying to make a realistic looking sky with fast/moving clouds behind the plane (Like what you'd see if you were pulling a medium closeup of the jet) and how the clouds would look blurred behind the jet.

Is it possible to make a tutorial for this? I'm sure there would be a lot of people that could use the concept to also make roads or backdrops for other things with the same concept.

Kind Regards,

Corey S. Sexton
www.ViperwavStudios.com
viperwavstudios

System Specs: WIll do later

Re: Jet Strike - Endless Fast Moving Clouds

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 04/18/2017, 6:23 am

There are several possibilities for this.
Fractal Noise is very powerful and could be used to make some pretty decent clouds.
Particle generator of some kind (CC Particle World, Particular, etc.).
Make a seamless image of clouds and just use offset to push it by endlessly.
And, I'm sure there are others, but my brain isn't in "go mode" yet this morning.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Postby viperwavstudios on 04/18/2017, 6:35 am

I'll play with it and see what I can come up with; I appreciate the suggestion =)
viperwavstudios

System Specs: WIll do later

Postby Farmfield on 04/18/2017, 3:33 pm

Du you mean something like this, but with clouds instead of water and from the front?

I also did RnD ending up in these clips, but I suspect you mean something like the above...

Clip 2: http://www.vimeo.com/128145213 (note this was done in Fusion, no Element3D)

Clip 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da9RT4jvNQs
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to VC Tutorials & Presets