jumping and floating Plastic zip bag

Discuss Video Copilot Tutorials & Presets

jumping and floating Plastic zip bag

Postby roger3 on 11/7/2016, 3:45 pm

I am trying to create an effect in after effects that has a plastic bag "jumping" out of a cardboard box. The bag will be a ziplock bag and I want it to look as real as possible. I craeted the bag in Illustrator and am inporting the vector art into after effects. I am struggling with getting the bag to bend and react to the light as it comes out of the box and floats down like a leaf. Nothing will be in the bag. this is what I have so far https://youtu.be/ZcPXfi_vGM0
roger3

System Specs: Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
Memory: 24 GB
Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

Re: jumping and floating Plastic zip bag

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 11/16/2016, 5:35 pm

The video is set to private so we can't see it. You want it to be "unlisted" instead of private.

Reacting to the light could be tricky, but I'll wait until I have a better idea what you're doing before I make any big suggestions.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Re: jumping and floating Plastic zip bag

Postby Farmfield on 11/17/2016, 1:49 am

Well, I can say one thing, this is not easy - and then I'm talking about several not very easy things, animation is tricky, simulating or faking, animating, leaf like behaviour using animation is tricky and the lighting, material/shading, rendering end of it - getting it to look even close to "right" - is tricky.

I would say you should completely break apart these three things, don't even think about the material/shading/lighting/rendering before you've solved the animation part - or you will likely break your mind trying to process it all. :? ;)
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to VC Tutorials & Presets