AK's 3ds max fumefx explosion help

3D max, Cinema 4D, Blender or your favorite 3D app

AK's 3ds max fumefx explosion help

Postby Dave on 07/26/2016, 11:55 am

I have been playing around with the fumefx explosion Andrew made for that train explosion tutorial a few years ago. I have been trying to turn it into a sky explosion with Firey debris flying in every direction. So I made it this far, the explosion looks nice, the debris are flying out as intended, but if you look at the image, the fire trails are tiny. I have been messing around for like 2 days now and i can't get the trails any bigger than this. Can anyone help, because its not something you can quickly update and check as simulation times are so long.

edit. I think one of the problems is i cant get the debris to go any bigger. Im using a broken rock piece that is spawned multiple times using particle source. I change the size settings, but when i render the video the rock pieces havent got any bigger

http://www.video-fx-universe.com

Website, tutorials, forum
Dave

Re: AK's 3ds max fumefx explosion help

Postby Farmfield on 07/28/2016, 12:13 pm

Wow, no one got into this? Well, I haven't used Fume in 2 years or something but this is on the source side, I don't remember the exact parameter names, but you got both particle/emitter size as well as emission rate under the smoke parameters - and you gotta select your source in the Fume list thingie to access the parameters for that particular object. :)

And checking screengrabs, trying to remember the Fume GUI, damn, I can't say I miss Max, it's like it's trying to win a prize for inconsistency. ;)
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Postby Dave on 07/28/2016, 1:28 pm

lol, thank you. As vague as it was, your response actually gave me enough information in a sense to solve the problem. Its all about the thingies
Dave

Postby Farmfield on 07/28/2016, 1:39 pm

Hehe, after almost 2 years in Houdini, I'm almost amazed I remembered that much of Fume. :D
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to 3D Animation