Is it possible ?

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

Is it possible ?

Postby MichaelKnight1 on 05/21/2016, 8:30 pm

is it possible to someone who can be able all the vfx matte painting and composing softwares at once and doing everything to release a great qualité look cs movie without any help ? like be able to model , animate, rigging, texturing using photoshop , lighting, rendering , and composing and making dynamics effects and more at once , only him without any team work ? or that's impossible and everything need a team even VFX works !
MichaelKnight1

Re: Is it possible ?

Postby JPT7505 on 05/21/2016, 9:24 pm

You can of coruse learn to do it all but what I've personally found is I prefer to only do parts and I concentrate on those. I have several people I rely on to assist in a variety of methods. So whatever works for you
JPT7505

System Specs: CPU: Intel i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 65476MB

GPU: Quadro M6000
GPU RAM: 12288MB

Postby Farmfield on 05/22/2016, 8:07 am

I jump around wildly between modelling, doing FX work, comping and matte paintings, roto, etc... Seeing how the VFX pipeline is developing in general, with compositing moving more into 3D and matte paintings have moved from compositing to 3D applications, this kind of general work will become more common. Some VFX houses like BUF did this years ago where artists work on a shot from 3D tracking to modelling, rendering, compositing etc, they even developed their own in house FX suite for this exact purpose.

Interestingly enough, BUF is currently developing that package, BSUITE, for commercial purposes. It vill be very interesting to see how it stands up to something like Houdini. But seeing their work, well, it's probably pretty badass. :)

More info here: http://bufsoftware.com/

That being said, some areas like shading, lighting, video editing, color grading, mocap, are way more tricky to get into deeply unless you focus mainly on a specific subject.

But generalist 3D stuff, some FX work and compositing, that's absolutely doable. Not very quickly, but you can get there. :)
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 05/23/2016, 2:07 pm

It's possible, but it will take a couple of years to produce the product. And that's after several years of learning the software and techniques and doing lots of practice work.

So, after you've take a few years to practice the techniques, make sure you have a really, really good story before you start production on your piece because it will take you a couple of years to make it and you want to make sure it's got a good foundation before you put that much time and effort into it.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Postby Farmfield on 05/23/2016, 2:49 pm

Ok, so Alf, who did this short, has been working with VFX for a looong time, but he did this (mostly-) animated short all by himself on his free time, from modelling to animation, particles, smoke, lighting, shading, rendering, the works... An amazing feat.

Farmfield

Postby MichaelKnight1 on 05/26/2016, 11:36 am

that's very **** awesoe .. I really wish to done something like that in the future :'(

anyways i'm stuck now on learning 3d camera tracking , for example i shot scene in a green screen with moving camera on 3d space then i want change the green screen with interior on maya3d so that need tracking software right ? i decided to go with digital tutors but i found a lot of courses with different tracking softwares like syntheyes, pftrack, 3d equalizer ect... and they told me that some times you need to use syntheyes and pftrack together to build your scene anyways i'm stucked now and totaly hopeless.. for real :') Pftrack is $1000 too expensive for me ..
but guys all i need you to let me know about is tracking how it done and it really need all theyes softwares to dit , is it hard ? my question is it the hardest thing in visual effects ? how much time it take to fully understand the base ! i use after effect and maya3d.. so what software is needed for best 3d tracking and please if there a way to let me know about how the pipline work and give me good tutorial pipline to understand it. thanks in advanced
MichaelKnight1

Postby Farmfield on 05/28/2016, 3:50 am

Tracking works the same in all applications, it's the workflow that differs. If you understand how 3D tracking works, how to work around the hard parts, it will be applicable in any tracker, really. Well, perhaps excluding the AE built in tracker as that is amazingly simplified - but jumping betweem NukeX, PFTrack, Syntheyes, etc, isn't very hard if you know how 3D tracking works.

That being said, it's gonna be a while before you can match Matthew Merkovich. :D

Tracking insanity:https://twitter.com/mattmerk/status/725317651162095617
Farmfield

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression