Detect and cut looping video

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

Detect and cut looping video

Postby Webkitnote on 03/21/2016, 7:53 am

I have about 100 videos, each and every single one of them is 3-5 minutes long. The movie has intro sequence, (sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes 30 seconds), and then it loops, I mean, it's about 400 frames that repeat until the end of movie.

I'd like to isolate these frames, so instead of having to post 5 minutes of film, I'll just post the 3-6 seconds and spare everybody some bandwidth.

Can Adobe After Effects help me with that?
Webkitnote

System Specs: (why would you need that?)

Re: Detect and cut looping video

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 03/21/2016, 11:38 am

So you're saying there's an intro and then there's a thing that loops until the end?
And you're saying you want people visiting on the internet to see the intro and then the loop, but only have to download the loop once?
No, After Effects can't help you with that.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Postby Webkitnote on 03/21/2016, 11:47 am

So you're saying there's an intro and then there's a thing that loops until the end?
Positive.

And you're saying you want people visiting on the internet to see the intro and then the loop, but only have to download the loop once?
Negative. I just need the 3-6 seconds loop that I can put on website and loop over and over again. I would need a program to separate the loop into a file, so I can just upload this 3-6 seconds loop. No intro sequence. I'm asking the program to purely, analyze the video, find potential looping video (which there is for sure) and separate it, or at least cut it.
Last edited by Webkitnote on 03/21/2016, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Webkitnote

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 03/21/2016, 11:48 am

There are some scripts you can get for AE that will detect cuts, but this sort of thing is more easily done in Premiere. After Effects is not really built for video editing, but Premiere is.
Michael_Szalapski

Postby Webkitnote on 03/21/2016, 11:52 am

Michael_Szalapski wrote:There are some scripts you can get for AE that will detect cuts, but this sort of thing is more easily done in Premiere. After Effects is not really built for video editing, but Premiere is.

Is there a tutorial on that? I mean either Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere, cost 29.99 for single month. I don't care which one is it, as long as it does it's job.

I've tried "detect loops in premiere" (and couple other queries), but it refers to tutorials on how to make looping video into a movie, rather than detecting looping video.
Webkitnote

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 03/24/2016, 6:20 am

I don't know of any video software that will detect a loop itself.
Michael_Szalapski

Postby Duncan on 03/24/2016, 7:02 am

I know there's a Duplicate Frames Detection in Adobe Premiere, but I don't think it works for actual frames within the same clip. It works for seperate clips that are used twice in the same timeline.

Maybe there's some kind of dupe detection script out there that will actually detect individual frames in the same clip? That way, at least, if you have a looping shot the beginning and end frame should be the same and it will make it easier to find them.
Duncan

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression