Too bright/washed colors when rendering

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

Too bright/washed colors when rendering

Postby arcreamer on 01/20/2016, 5:40 pm

Hi so I'm new to After Effects and Motion Graphics. I'm currently making a youtube video using simple Motion Graphic animations. My process is as follows:
To speed up my computer, I usually render out a quicktime file after about 10 seconds of animation, so I can just import it and keep working without having to slow my computer down by constantly be rendering while playing it back. However, after doing this about four times, I wanted my four quicktime renders to be combined into just one, so I figured I would import them into a new composition and just render it out. But after rendering it into one video, my colors became waaaay too bright and washed out. I am rendering out using 1920 x1080 for HD, and then using Quicktime with MPEG-4 Video Codec. I also have Millions of colors selected if that makes any difference, like I said I'm new to this so this is all just jibberish to me. Any help would be appreciated and if anyone has any experience rendering simple motion graphic animations, advice would also be great!
arcreamer

System Specs: 6GB 64-bit operation system
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330S CPU @ 2.70GHz

Intel(R) HD Graphics

Re: Too bright/washed colors when rendering

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 01/25/2016, 9:46 am

arcreamer wrote: Quicktime with MPEG-4 Video Codec.

Don't do that. Render as QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec or QuickTime with the PNG codec instead.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Re: Too bright/washed colors when rendering

Postby Duncan on 01/25/2016, 11:49 am

Yes, pretty much any image sequence set to Best Settings, or set to Lossless or Animation will preserve the most quality.
Duncan

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression