Colors are different on my output!!!

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

Colors are different on my output!!!

Postby Smutsicle on 10/12/2015, 6:33 pm

Ok I will try to keep this as brief as possible. I am putting together graphics for a show Im doing and I am having a weird issue. Basically I am going to be using a program called pro presenter to put clips on a CYC that will be on projected to the stage. Basically pro presenter is like a super fancy power point. So I wanted to create jpgs for each clip and let pro presenter do the cross fades. I tried it from jpg to jpg and it worked flawlessly. Now one of the presenters requires their name to be animated on with a writing style trace. No big deal got that done and I line it up in PP and when I go from a jpg to a video the video is washed out. The colors do not match. I figured maybe if I bring the PSD of my background directly into my AE project the colors will correlate then. Nope they still do not match. I read somewhere that some codecs add a lot of gamma to the output but I cannot seem to find the right one. I have bailed on integrating clips and movies and Im just going to do movie clips now. If I make them short enough it will be just like an image. oh well. I really just am curious if anyone has an answer on how to match a jpgs colors to your videos colors. Didnt think that this would be such an issue.
Smutsicle

System Specs: Mac Version 10.9.5
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1222 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression