Adding a stopwatch in Premiere Elements?

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

Adding a stopwatch in Premiere Elements?

Postby fdkaplan on 10/5/2015, 4:42 pm

Hello,
I've been canvassing the interwebs and the only solutions I could find have been forever lost to cyber-rot.
I am an noob amateur videographer. I record my son's soccer games and then do some very minor editing and ship out to the other parents via the Tube. I thought it would be nice to add a timer showing the actual game time. Because I capture some additional footage, I'd like to be able to have the stopwatch start at whichever point I choose in the raw footage and then be able to stop it as the ref blows the whistle.

I just cannot quite figure out how to do this on non-linear editing.

I know Adobe Premiere allows for a time code effect, alas I'm not about to spend $1K just for this minor gimmick. It must be free or very inexpensive. There is no commercial purpose whatsoever behind it, if that matters at all.

Another cool thing would be to add scores and miscellaneous stats through the game, similar to ESPN broadcasting scores, but if I can't figure out a freaking stopwatch...

Thanks a lot for your thoughts!
Flavio
fdkaplan

System Specs: Intel i5
16Gb RAM
SSD + HDDs
AMD 7950

Re: Adding a stopwatch in Premiere Elements?

Postby Shep91 on 11/30/2015, 4:25 pm

Hey,

Not sure if you've found a solution to your problem by now, but in case you haven't have you tried out this free plugin 'Timecode Frame Generator':

http://www.2writers.com/download.htm

Alternatively have you tried using a piece of stock clock/stopwatch footage and freeze framing it then continuing it again when you need the timer to continue?

I'm not entirely sure what's available to you in the elements version of premier but I imagine both these options would work.
Shep91

System Specs: Alienware M17x

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression