Desperately searching for sound effect - not quite on topic

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

Desperately searching for sound effect - not quite on topic

Postby vfx_noob on 08/19/2015, 10:45 am

Hello awesome community!

I know that this forum isn't exactly the right one for this question but maybe you guys can help me out with this one nevertheless. I am desperately searching for a specific sound effect - hence the title. I am looking for the one with the tools_ a saw, a hammer and so on. It is used for mostly comedic purposes since it doesn't sound too convincing and the indiviual effects are overlaped in a fashion that conveys the effect of a time lapse.

I am struggling with my Englisch a bit to explain it. The most common use would be to have an actor exeting the frame, the sound effect plays and the actor gets back in the frame with the contraption that he build in seconds. I would say the sound effect I have in mind is almost iconic.

I have really tried to find it but couldn't >-||
Maybe you can help me out. Thanks a LOT for your help in advance :)
vfx_noob

System Specs: Xeon 1231-3 v3 1150
Asus GTX 970

Re: Desperately searching for sound effect - not quite on topic

Postby Guitarboy2828 on 08/19/2015, 11:03 am

Hmm, you may need to be more specific than this.. No way you can find an example of what you're looking for? Maybe something in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbBO-hiF8wE (literally the first link I clicked after a google search). It has some cool sounds.
Guitarboy2828

Postby vfx_noob on 08/19/2015, 12:03 pm

Thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately I can't get more specfic - otherwise I propably would have already found it on google.
I love Wallace and Gromit but the sound effect I am looking for isn't in there.
I can try to explain it again: it is a mixture of a saw, a hammer and one of those tools which are used to change tires on F1 cars (sorry I really don'tknow the englisch word for this)
Sometimes the sound effect is used in combination with a timelapse of the sun setting and rising again to show the time passing while someone is building something.

I know that I am being super vague ):
but maybe someone gets what I am trying to say...
vfx_noob

System Specs: Xeon 1231-3 v3 1150
Asus GTX 970

Postby Farmfield on 08/19/2015, 1:28 pm

Warner Brothers released their (looney tunes?) sound effects library for free a couple of years ago, though googling it now I couldn't find a link I'm willing to post here as some of them they seemed pretty suspect, hehe, but it's out there somewhere.

Oh, and how can the thread be off topic when you set the thread topic? :D
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression