Exporting a 32 bits file using Premiere Pro

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

Exporting a 32 bits file using Premiere Pro

Postby maschera on 02/1/2015, 9:05 am

Hello everyone :o

First of all, I'm french so I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my sentences. :)

I'm experiencing some difficulties with exporting my first short film with Premiere Pro properly.

I want the output to be a .avi file in 32 bits. Unfortunately, when I'm in the export settings window, there are no video codecs allowing the output to be in 32 bits (all the video codecs leads to 8 bits, or 16 bits, or 24 bits files, but none of them go further). Therefore, in the "video codecs" form I'm compelled to select "None", and that gives me a 32 bits output that is enormous : 95 go for a 7'30" video...

Of course it's too big, and I can't upload it on vimeo, or either burn any DVD with it.

Do you know if there's a way I can export my project to a 32 bits video, but in a reasonable size ?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,
maschera
maschera

Re: Exporting a 32 bits file using Premiere Pro

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 02/6/2015, 12:39 pm

Vimeo and DVDs are both in 8 bits. Rendering out from Premiere in 32 bits wouldn't be useful for your situation.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Re: Exporting a 32 bits file using Premiere Pro

Postby Farmfield on 02/6/2015, 3:15 pm

maschera wrote:I want the output to be a .avi file in 32 bits. Unfortunately, when I'm in the export settings window, there are no video codecs allowing the output to be in 32 bits (all the video codecs leads to 8 bits, or 16 bits, or 24 bits files, but none of them go further). Therefore, in the "video codecs" form I'm compelled to select "None", and that gives me a 32 bits output that is enormous : 95 go for a 7'30" video...a

I think you are confusing 8- 16- and 32 bit color in total and per channel. Here's a breakdown on how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_depth
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression