After effects animation to photoshop?

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

After effects animation to photoshop?

Postby Effects on 03/11/2014, 8:27 am

I wanna make an animated profile on a website where the size limit of files are just about 180 kb.

My idea is simply to make a standard profile image with animation and put those together (some html coding is available on that site so I can put in as many images I want when I've upload them on the site).

So the whole image will be like 800x500 px, but then I will cut it in pieces, to about 9 pieces (or more).
For this, it would be awesome to just have som script that devide those images, so it becomes parts that I later can just put together with HTML. However, this I can do manually IF nobody got anything to recommand, if there would be some easy script in photoshop or anywhere else to do this in.

THE MAIN PROBLEM HOWEVER!
Is to get my after effects animation to photoshop.

When I export as .GIF animation, it gets very bad quality. I been checking around in settings and tested everything, but it just gets really bad quality, looks very horrible all the colors.

And if I export it as .MOV and import to photoshop, it just creates a timeline, that I don't really want. I want frames animation, and it seems not to be able to change that, there is a button but when clicking on it, it just becomes one frame.

Anyone who can suggest anything?
Effects

Re: After effects animation to photoshop?

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 03/11/2014, 10:49 am

You can import a MOV into Photoshop and export is as a GIF from there. That is the recommended practice. (See this thread.)
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Re: After effects animation to photoshop?

Postby Inline123 on 04/29/2014, 4:38 am

Get the animation export to tiff file format the import to photoshop and then convert it to MOV it will reduce file size and quility remain same.
Inline123

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression