2 Action Videos

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

Re: 2 Action Videos

Postby AlekB on 11/15/2012, 9:57 pm

Well, I only watched the second one so I'm gonna critique that one. You have got some good ideas! I like the bit at the end where he goes back and gets the snack. It was fun in the beginning 'cause I thought "He is a hitman but he is human enough to stop and eat the persons food before killing them." My first thought was that you should think about costuming some when you do the video. The shorts were a little bit awkward to watch, and were also not very hitman like (I'm just making the assumption he is a hitman) Jeans would have been just fine. Second thing is editing. There is a TON of just sneaking around. I will take the intro as an example. When the guy is walking up to the fence you don't have to show all of his climbing over the fence, you could just have a shot of him walking up, tucking the gun in his waistband and then looking up at the fence. CUT next shot is him dropping down inside the fence. Simple, quick, and it makes the guy look like a skilled fence climber (the audience assumes he is good at climbing fences cause he holds a gun and is now inside the fence when he wasn't before) These are my thoughts! You have got something going, don't lose hope!
My Blender blog (with tutorials)
http://blenderforhumans.org
AlekB

Postby MichaelUL6 on 11/17/2012, 11:31 am

thank you very much !
MichaelUL6

Postby MichaelUL6 on 11/18/2012, 3:08 am

AlekB wrote:Well, I only watched the second one so I'm gonna critique that one. You have got some good ideas! I like the bit at the end where he goes back and gets the snack. It was fun in the beginning 'cause I thought "He is a hitman but he is human enough to stop and eat the persons food before killing them." My first thought was that you should think about costuming some when you do the video. The shorts were a little bit awkward to watch, and were also not very hitman like (I'm just making the assumption he is a hitman) Jeans would have been just fine. Second thing is editing. There is a TON of just sneaking around. I will take the intro as an example. When the guy is walking up to the fence you don't have to show all of his climbing over the fence, you could just have a shot of him walking up, tucking the gun in his waistband and then looking up at the fence. CUT next shot is him dropping down inside the fence. Simple, quick, and it makes the guy look like a skilled fence climber (the audience assumes he is good at climbing fences cause he holds a gun and is now inside the fence when he wasn't before) These are my thoughts! You have got something going, don't lose hope!

thank you very much !
MichaelUL6

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression