In this tutorial we’ll create a Classic Car 3D title using our new plug-in Element 3D V2!
Tips in this Tutorial
- Extruding Text & Adjusting Bevels
- Outline Bevel mode for creating Emblems
- Dynamic Reflection Modes
- Create fake car paint flake material.
- Tips for adjust render quality
If you own Element 3D V2, be sure to download and install latest version!
Download & Update info V2.0.7
Welcome back everyone! 2015 is upon us and we are getting busy!
In this exciting new tutorial we’ll be creating a fun cascading polygon using some sweet animation tricks! This technique is highly customizable so you can start experimenting now!
It’s 2015 let’s push things to the next level and learn everything we can!
All Sound FX Created with Video Copilot’s MotionPulse!
Download Project File AE 2014! (Sorry, I don’t have an earlier version for this project!)
Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday from the Kramer family and everyone at Video Copilot!
Thank you guys for being part of this amazing community, we are beyond excited for next year since it will be the the 10 year anniversary of Video Copilot. I can’t even begin to express what that means to me, it’s so incredible!
Looking forward to an awesome New Year!
PS: I also want to thank my wife for all her love & support and apologize for using the Bank Gothic font on the holiday card!
Here are a few experiments created in Element 3D V2 with simple lighting and Ambient Occlusion. In these examples I’m using the Ray Traced AO which is a bit slower but creates very nice results.
The other important setting I like to use is called “Lighting Influence” under the Physical Environment. This setting helps blend the shadow darkness with the environment (IBL), to create a nice Global Illumination look. You can also tint the Environment color to change the overall look and mood.
Some other Tips I Use:
- Use one or two lights (too many lights can look busy)
- Turn roughness of material down so that it has a matte white surface
- For Ray Trace AO, turn the spread down to .85 to create more contrast
- Turn down the adaptive blur blending to make AO tighter. (Blur Blend)
- Switch between preview mode and final render to speed up Ray Trace performance while you work.
But then again, maybe I’m just trying to promote some of the awesome models inside the Motion Design 2 model pack!