In this exciting new tutorial we’ll create the look of sub-surface illumination inspired by the film Iron Man 3. After building some procedural noise maps we’ll add some vein textures to create more realistic depth. Many great tips in this one!
NOTE: I’ll be publishing the tutorial on VC along with the project file soon!
It’s always my intention to post on the blog more frequently and then things get busy and I forget… I’m just going to start posting more often and see what kind of “slow news days” I can come up with!
Today we do have some exciting news! This tuesday we will be releasing a new tutorial for creating sub-surface illumination based on the Iron Man villains! This tutorial has many great tips and trick you don’t want to miss.
Future City Pack (Free community-built model pack)
The deadline for the Future City Pack submission is JULY 20th and we are getting ready to launch the submission page for you to upload. See Future City Pack Information.
Element 3D Update V1.6.1
Also last week we released Element 3D V1.6.1 that tackles several bugs and performance enhancements. Plus a sweet desktop background made with Element 3D!
Optical Flares for Nuke Released
We also released Optical Flares for Nuke to bring our professional Lens Flare plug-in to even more feature film compositors!
Check that out Now!
Element 3D V1.6.1 is now available to address many bugs and stability enhancements from V 1.6 plus this free wallpaper!
The update is free to current customers or you can get Element 3D and join the 3D revolution!
- Fixed incorrect World Position Null when using downsampling.
- Fixed Matte materials when using Supersampling.
- Fixed slowdown when using 3D Object replicator.
- Fixed crashes when using Generate 3D Position.
- Fixed crash when using Multi Processor rendering.
- Fixed environment map not relinking properly.
- Changed Default settings of Extrude tool.
- Added AE CC directory to installer.
NOTE: Extrude tool default has been updated to make extrusion easier. The spike filter has been turned on to help cut bad polygons and the normalize scale mode has been turned off by default. This allows text to be created and edited without completely resizing when you change the text. Keep in mind the size of the bevel is based on the size of your text layer.
- Animated OBJ Sequences Support
- Built-In Glow Rendering
- Added generate 3D position null.
- Added group nulls.
- New Draft Modes for faster workflows
- New Particle Distribution Ordering & Repeating Options
Optical Flares for Nuke is now available!
- Custom Lens Flare Generator
- Over 100 Presets Including new Nuclear Presets + Conspiracy Presets
- 70+ Photographic Textures & Anamorphic sprites
- On Lens Simulations
- Save and Share Presets
- Dynamic Triggering for automatic animations
- Generate multiple 2D Lens Flares on a single instance